Sunday, March 7, 2010

New baby smell

Saturday, 1am: Michelle's water breaks, or so we think.  Not too much comes out, so we aren't sure exactly what is gong on. 

Saturday, 1:30am: After a few more trips to the bathroom, we are sure the water has broken.  
It is clear, so we are are supposed to remain home and wait for the contractions to start.  We try to eat and nap, as we know we are going to be busy soon. 

Saturday, 7am:  The contractions are about 30 minutes apart, and varying in strength.  I wake up from the final nap and start getting ready.  I call the hospital and they tell me to wait until the contractions are 1 min long, 5 min apart, for an hour.

Saturday 8:30am: Rhonda (Michelle's mom), Michelle, and I are hanging out at our place.  The contractions are 30 min apart and varying in intensity.   I have packed my bags and we are sitting around drinking coffee. 

Saturday 9:45am: Michelle's contractions go from 25 min, then 14 min, then 3, 3, 3, 3 min. All of a sudden, they are really powerful. I call the hospital and tell them that we want to come in.  They say bring mama in. 

Saturday 10 am:  I load the car and go in to get Michelle and Rhonda.  Michelle is in a lot of pain now.

Saturday 10:15am:  We get to the hospital, and the check-in nurse seems a bit annoyed at Michelle's drama when she doesn't respond to her questions during a contraction.  Once the nurse gets Michelle on the examining table, she realizes that she is 8cm dilated!  Her mood changes immediately.  People around us start to move quickly..........

Saturday 11:15am: Michelle has been moved to a Labor and Delivery (L&D) room, and the anesthesiologist has already finished Michelle's epidural.  Michelle's mood quickly goes from pain and unresponsive, to comfort and apologetic, to asleep.  She now sleeps between most contractions.

Saturday, 1:10pm:  The nurse tells me that I have some time before labor begins.  I run across the street to buy some food at Pasta Pomodoro.  I hurriedly ask for, "two of whatever is fastest".  I then sit impatiently and alternate between apologizing for rushing him, and rushing him.  I then run back to the hospital.

Saturday, 1:50pm: Hard labor begins.  Rhonda and I hold Michelle's legs as she pushes during contractions.

Saturday, 2:31pm: 


 The most amazing thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Just unbelievably cute. Congratulations to all! P.S. love the label "Michelle is tough" for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I got chills reading this! I'm sooo happy for you three! Congrats and love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks perfect!!! Am so happy for you guys. Can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete