As I have said before, it is hard to explain how hard, and yet how much fun having a baby is, and still have people believe you. It is easier to just say, "Everything is great! Just awesome!". It truly is a labor of love, and it keeps you on your toes. It is also so, so much fun.
The other day, around 7pm, Eli became pretty fussy, and I began trying random things to calm him down. Finally I made a mouth trumpet sound, and he settled down. I then decided to play Louis Armstrom on the stereo, and he and I danced around the kitchen for an hour, he was calm and looking around the whole time. Just as soon as you get used to a 'trick' working, it stops, and you begin your search anew. In this way, you are connecting with your baby in different ways, over and over. You start to learn a lot about his personality because of this.
I have to say that my boy already has pretty good music taste. I mean, Billie Holiday and Louis Armstrong is a pretty solid music preference. Imagine if Blink 182 calmed him down.....

Or Linkin Park or Nickelback?(shudder) Next try Lady Gaga, people start out as haters of her, then gradually come to be die-hard fans.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a wonderful Dad, I will be telling Baby Elliot that.....
ReplyDeletehaha, Ryan forgot to mention that after holding and dancing with Eli for an hour he sat down to rest and then Eli started crying again! He's way better exercise than going to the gym!
ReplyDelete