Thursday, February 18, 2010

Best husband

I definitely have the best husband ever and don't know how I got so lucky. Ryan is sweet and has been giving me lots of props, but how tough can it be to rest a lot and be pampered all the time? I get all this attention and credit. Ryan on the other hand gets no credit, but constantly listens to my complaints, trying to figure out how I can go from hot to cold to tired to hungry, to only hungry for certain things, to totally full and uncomfortable, within a matter of minutes. I even make myself crazy. Although I've felt very good these last few months, probably the best I've felt and we just had a lovely 3 day weekend. We got massages on Saturday and went out for a lovely dinner (wish I could eat THAT again right now) and on Sunday we made a Valentine's feast: strawberry avocado salad with hot sauce vinagrette, pasta with rosemary cream sauce, an amazing, indescribable talapia with avocado horseradish sauce (Ryan was impressed) and pomeganate sparkling juice.
=

Ryan asked me to post something as I was getting up for my nightly bout of insomnia and I hesitate because I want to complain, but here goes. My back hurts, I'm hungry even though I've just eaten 1/2 avocado, 2 eggs, toast and juice. I'd really like to have that crispy roasted chicken with herbed butter all smeared from last Saturday night dinner. And I have 7 more days left of work. I was going to go on leave this Friday, but there is a chance that I will get my bonus sometime next week if I am at work, otherwise I wouldn't get it until August. So this behooves me to attempt to continue working up until 39/40 weeks, which I may be lucky enough to pull off. Biggest obstacle at work is that if I stand, sit or squat in the same position for more than 20 minutes at time my back starts to hurt irreversibly. Luckily my job is flexible and allows me to move around a lot, but ultimately to get work done I need to sit and be typing. I'm trying to get stuff done so it's easy to get caught up in it and forget to move and then it's downhill. I currently have 2 chairs, a stool and a medicine ball at work that I rotate between and can walk to the gym at lunch and do some yoga and stretching which tacks on bonus time at the end of the day, meaning I can make it past 2pm.

So 7 more work days isn't so much. It's really up to the baby as to when he wants to come. If I do make it and they do pay out the bonus next week then I'm telling myself it can go in Baby Hutch's college fund. Daddy and I have to discuss and look at the books, but this is my little motivation. If not, we can wait until August, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things right? As for the real star of the show, baby Hutch is doing great. Dr. Green says he is nice and low and I'm 1 cm dialated which is good. She believes he will weigh in around 7 lbs., but I'm thinking more in the 8 lb range. Up until tonight he was moving ALOT which was weird at first and now I love. He feels happy, strong and playful inside my belly which makes me very happy. Tonight he didn't move as much as usual so I drank some juice, laid down and got some kicks, but not like usual. I don't think he likes my work either and he definitely doesn't care about the stupid bonus and college fund. He does like the sounds of his Dad's voice. I swear when Ryan comes home and starts talking he starts moving around. It's adorable.

So that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment