Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dear Baby

Just a few minutes are left in today, 12/22, your due date. While we are excited to meet you, we are patiently waiting. When you are ready you will have a challenging trip, but we will be waiting for you. Ready to love, care for and hold you as much as you need. You are coming into a family that will always love you very much and has a large, loving and caring extended family. We are all very lucky and make an effort to take care of each other and be kind. That is important.

Dear Ryan, you have taken such good care of me since we met, but especially in the past several months and I'll never forget it. Thank you for carrying the brunt of the load around the house and for loving me a lot. Thanks for so many naps. Oh my goodness. I love you so very much.

Dear Elliot, your Mama and Dada love you so much and it's going to be a lot of fun for you to have a brother. I hope that you and your brother enjoy each others company as much as your Dad and I enjoy Uncle Doug and Aunt Jen Jen. Be good to him and he will be good to you. If you are lucky, you will be in each others' lives longer than anyone else in your life, including your spouse and parents.

Dear (my) Mom and Dad, thank you for staying with us and letting me be your kid again as you cook all our meals and I take (more) naps. I couldn't be luckier and I hope I do the same for Elliot and his brother.

Good night noises everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment