Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mundo Pequeno

Elliot likes his new daycare. Here is a video that his Tia (Auntie) Claudia sent us:



Morning drop off is a bit disheartening because he doesn't like when we leave and while I know that it's not unusual, it doesn't make it any easier. On Friday he would not get off of my lap, nor let any part of his body, feets, hands touch the floor or anything other than his Mom. Usually he can't help but explore and get into things, but he was determined to stay as close to his Mom as possible. This stuck in my head all day long.

However, I felt better when I picked him up. He was outside, saw me and walked up smiling to greet me, then wanted to continue playing. He showed me the swing set and wanted me to push him in a swing. Then we walked over to the chickens and Elliot said "caw caw" and then we walked by Wentworth the goat and he said, "aa aaa". Then he wanted to walk toward the far chicken coop and his teacher told him (in Spanish) to stop and not go over and he sat down and cried, same thing he does at home when he's told not to do something he wants to do. I suppose he doesn't understand the words completely, just the meaning, but it was kind of cute and interesting. Thursday night he gave me 5 big open mouthed, wet kisses and apparently he had been receiving kisses from the other kids at school. So I think he likes it. They love him there too. His primary teacher, Ayasdet, told me that she rocked and held him to sleep the other day and I asked if he was crying and keeping the other kids awake. She said, no and didn't really say much else. I think she just wanted to hold him. He is the littlest kid there right now. He seems to get extra perks, both at his San Francisco day care and now at Mundo Pequeno. I think he gets this from his Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment