Friday, January 21, 2011

Our little dandelion

This week Ryan went to a conference in Puerto Rico to work with a group that's determining what testing needs to be performed on plastic disposable bags and parts that are used in pharmaceutical manufacturing. This is to ensure that plastics do not leach out any harmful materials that would have an adverse impact on the patients getting medicine. I'm glad he's working on this as it's important for my job too.

So while Dad was working hard :) in Puerto Rico, Elliot and I were on our own and Elliot went to a different Day care that is close to my work for 3 days this week. He went to Marin Day School, which is a Bright Horizons school, in San Rafael. I was a little nervous to take him to a new school. He loves his current school, but I worried that it would be hard on him to go to a different school with different teachers and kids. But he loved it and they loved him. From Elliot's perspective, there were so many new toys to explore and put in his mouth. What fun! And the teachers just loved him, and I mean loved him. Of course I think he's great and they were lucky to have him, but they didn't just stop with telling me he's great and a pleasure to have, several of them tried to talk me into bringing him to their day care: "Oh this day care is much easier for you isnt' it?" "don't you like being the one to bring him?" "You should just move to Marin, it's warmer and great for families". "We would just love to have Elliot here full time. It's so nice to have a laid back and pleasant kid, he is just a doll. Hopefully your husband will travel again soon." So I did like them very much, and I like that Marin is warmer. Elliot was happily playing outside everday when I picked him up. He doesn't get to do that in South San Francisco. So we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment